Activ Run Fit
Prices Start From £60
Are you a keen runner? Suffer from niggling injuries? Want to improve your running style? We can help!
Running is an activity that has gained an increase in popularity for several years and millions of people run weekly in England. From fell running, ultra-marathons and athletics to park runs, jogging and road running, any person can take part.
Benefits of running include weight loss, improved mood and reduced risk of illness such as heart disease and stroke. Unfortunately, injury can be a pitfall of running due to the large stresses put through the body every time a step is taken, which could be around 10,000 steps in a 10km run.
Our experienced therapists provide a service for runners where strength and mobility are examined and technique analysed through video in our gym treadmill or outdoors. This way you can have your stride mechanics, impact levels and upper body position assessed and you will be advised of any beneficial changes which should hopefully reduce risk of injury and potentially improve performance.
Prices start from £60.
What Activ Run Fit Packages Are On Offer?
Assessment of running and injury history
- Video analysis of running technique (if you are able to run)
- Simple and specific advice on modifying running style and training regime
Left, plus an assessment of strength and movement of muscle groups and areas involved specifically in running
- Tailored strength & conditioning programme (exercises & stretches to help you progress)
- Useful if have suffered a recent injury or history of recurrent injury
2 Hours (+1 hour review)
Left, plus a session to review progress with running rehabilitation programme and technique
- Provides a chance to fine tune anything
- Dependent on progress and running goals, recommendation for further review, self-management or referral to UK athletics qualified running coach