We Are Opening Our Doors
Following government guidance and information from our regulatory bodies we have put together a plan of how to move forward in this new phase of Covid-19 management. It is understood that there may be an increased demand for physiotherapy services as restrictions are relaxed. So, providing government advice remains the same, we plan to re-open our doors on Monday 1st.
As Covid-19 is still prevalent and the risk of transmission remains, we continue to recommend remote consultations as the first choice of treatment. Face to face appointments will be available if you have worsening symptoms, conservative measures are not helping, and a remote session is deemed unsuitable.
To maintain your safety and the safety of our staff certain measures shall be taken.
- 1. We have risk assessed the clinic and adaptations have been made to the rooms and appointment diaries. Staff have also been trained in all necessary procedures.
- 2. When you contact the clinic a risk assessment will be undertaken over the phone with rationale discussed for why treatment cannot take place remotely.
- 3. If it is deemed necessary to attend the clinic our reception staff will brief you fully on what to expect and will also check to see if you have suffered any symptoms of Covid-19 or have been exposed to a confirmed case.
- 4. There will be only one physiotherapist, podiatrist, or massage therapist in at a time to reduce traffic within the clinic building.
- 5. You may be asked to wait outside, and it is requested that you attend alone unless a chaperone/ co-attendant is required in which case they will also need to be screened.
- 6. On entry you will be asked to wash your hands or use hand sanitiser. If you feel you want extra protection you could bring your own face covering (we could provide you a mask if you have none).
- 7. Your therapist will be wearing full personal protective equipment comprising of gloves, apron, mask, and visor.
- 8. Plenty of time will be allocated after your visit to allow you to leave, avoiding contact with the next client and providing adequate time to clean the room.
- 9. Clinic areas will be disinfected between each client visit to reduce any risk of cross contamination.
- 10. Visits to you at home will be available. This will follow a risk assessment and precautions shall need to be met. These will be advised when we talk to you prior to the visit.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding. Things may be a little unusual when you arrive but with all the precautions, we can make your visit as safe as possible. If you attend the clinic using your health insurance, it may be useful to contact them first to confirm your cover remains active during this period.
If you have any questions, need advice or would like to book a virtual appointment please contact the office on 0114 2352727 / 01433 623602 or email us at [email protected]. We are currently staffing the clinic on a part-time basis so please bear with us if you leave a message, we shall get back in touch.
Stay alert, stay safe, stay well!
Andy/George and the Activ Team x
Big News On Discounted Sessions
We have all been affected in one way or another by Covid-19 and it has sadly caused the deaths of thousands of people. As a gesture of goodwill we shall be offering a 20% discount for all face to face appointments in both our Totley and Hope clinics (following triage and risk assessment) for the people we feel have been affected significantly by the pandemic:-
- The ESSENTIAL WORKERS who have been caring for us and keeping the country going all these weeks.
- The OVER 70'S who have been dis-proportionally affected by the virus and also hold a moderate risk.
- The STUDENTS who have had their education put on hold or made more difficult by the lock down.
- The UNEMPLOYED who are looking for work or have unfortunately lost their jobs due to the pandemic.
This discount will start when we the clinic re-opens on the 1st of June and will run until the 31st of August. It is open to current and new self-paying physiotherapy appointments but not remote appointments.
The list of essential workers according to the UK government.
To gain the discount all you need to do is inform the administrator when you contact us and bring some proof of your status to your appointment.
Thank you & keep safe
Activ Physiotherapy Ltd
Private Physiotherapy Clinics in Sheffield & Derbyshire
We are Chartered and State Registered Physiotherapists, Members of the Health and Care Professions Council and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy. Our team of physiotherapists have many years’ experience between them and are specialists in musculoskeletal medicine, sports injuries, rehabilitation, ergonomics and acupuncture.
We can treat a variety of conditions from back and neck pain to arthritis, whiplash or even after an operation. We even offer gym based rehabilitation, sports massage and acupuncture and can visit you at your home or your workplace. We maintain close links with the local community and are recognised with all major insurance companies.
So, whether you have recently developed a pain or suffered for a long time, or if you want some advice or want to know if we can help you, feel free to get in touch.
What Facillities Are Available?
All clinics are easily accessible from other areas by car, bus or train and have parking available and disabled access. Clinic facilities also include all the latest technology in electrotherapy, changing facilities and gym access. Activ Physiotherapy is recognised by all major insurance companies, including BUPA, AXA and Westfield Health. We are open six days a week with evening appointments and home visits available.
So, if you are suffering with some form of injury sustained at work, at home or during some form of sporting activity, then we are here to provide advice & help you. Contact any one of our clinics closest to you for more information. We have clinics located in Sheffield & Derbyshire.
Feel free to get in touch.
Watch Our Introduction Video
Get In Touch With Activ Physiotherapy Now
We Can Take Bookings For Our Sheffield & Derbyshire Physiotherapy Clinics
Please feel free to email us with your details or questions & we will give you a call back to discuss your requirements.